Join The Queens Arms Quiz League starting on Sunday 4th March to be in with the chance of qualifying for The Big Fat Quiz of the Quarter and bagging £750!
Quiz League Dates…
March: Sundays 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
April: Sundays 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
May: Sundays 6th, 13th, 20th
How to play
- Message your pals and ask them if they want to be in with a chance of winning £750
- Await their inevitable reply of ‘abso-bloody-lutely!’
- Bring your team along to The Queens Arms’ pub quiz every Sunday at 8pm from 4th March
- Finish within the top 5 teams and you could be in with the chance of qualifying for The Big Fat Quiz of the Quarter in June 2018 where your team could win £750!
Ok ok, there is a little bit more to it…
- To qualify, you must come to at least 8 out of 12 of The Queens Arms pub quizzes from Sunday 4th March – 20th May – Full list of quiz dates above
- Pick a team name that you will keep for the duration of the 12-week league time and pop it on your Quiz League Stamp Card.(Don’t worry, you can still take part in the weekly themed quiz name competition… we will just use your quiz league name to keep track of your scores)
- Get your quiz league stamp card signed/stamped by your quiz master every time you attend the quiz during the 12 weeks.
- The Top 5 teams of the week will have their points recorded (1st place = 5 points. 5th place = 1 point) and could be in with the chance of qualifying for the Big Fat Quiz of the Quarter.
- At the end of the 12-week league, the points will be calculated and the top 3 teams with the most points will be invited along to the Big Fat Quiz of the Quarter in June 2018 with 13 other teams from across Edinburgh and if you win this one, your team will win £750!
What is the maximum number of team members allowed?
6 per team
If my team misses some of the quizzes, could we still qualify?
Absolutely! As long as you come along to 8 out of 12, you’re still in with a chance of qualifying
What if some of my team can’t make one of the quizzes?
That’s okay! Feel free to bring along someone else. Your quiz league scores are recorded based on your quiz league team name, not the individuals within the team, so as long as you bring your quiz team stamp card, your points will be recorded as normal even if your team members have changed
Are there still weekly prizes?
1st Prize – £50 bar tab (split 50/50 between food and drink)
2nd Prize – £30 bar tab (split 50/50 between food and drink)
3rd Prize – bottle of house wine
Best Weekly Team Name – prize changes weekly
What if I didn’t qualify for The Big Fat Quiz of the Quarter but want to come anyway?
We’d love you to come! At the end of the 12 weeks, we choose a Wild Card team… so even if you came last every week, you could still be in with the chance of joining The Big Fat Quiz of the Quarter.
How does the points system work?
If you come within the top 5 teams, you will earn points. If your team comes 1st in the quiz, you will get 5 points. If your team comes 5th in the quiz, you will get 1 point. These points will be added up at the end of the 12 weeks and the top 3 teams with the most points will qualify for the Big Fat Quiz of the Quarter
Can I still do The Queens Arms pub quiz without joining the Quiz League?
Of course you can… but now we’re just confused about why you wouldn’t want to try win £750?…
So, what exactly is The Big Fat Quiz of the Quarter?
Ahh, we’re glad you asked. It’s a whole load of fun, that’s what it is!! 16 quiz teams from across Edinburgh join together for 1 night only and compete to win £750 and be crowned Quiz of the Quarter Champions!
As well as delicious food, flowing drinks, oh, and a big pub quiz, we’ll be giving away more fantastic prizes from dinner for 2 to overnight stays in luxury accommodation! It’ll be all fun and games (until someone googles the answers! #notallowed!)